Krispy Kreme opening in Rohnert Park

exc-5be0f33a562fa74d5ece5ef1
    exc-5be0f33a562fa74d5ece5ef1

Krispy Kreme is opening a storefront location in Rohnert Park. You can find their new location at 5090 Redwood Drive in the same parking lot as Chick fil A. Being known for their one of a kind doughnuts, doors opened this morning at 6 a.m. to start the celebration early. 

The chain is offering promotions to attract guests to the grand opening.

The first guest at the Krispy Kreme will be able to get a free dozen doughnuts each week for a year. The following 24 will be able to get a free dozen doughnuts each month for a year.

The first 100 guests will receive a free commemorative travel tumbler.

On Facebook, over seven hundred people said they would be attending the opening.

There used to be a Krispy Kreme store in Santa Rosa, but it closed. The next closest store is in Vacaville.

Krispy Kreme hosted festivities throughout the night to their loyal fans who camped out for the opening day promotions.

“I am extremely excited for the grand opening of Krispy Kreme in Rohnert Park.” Davis Boyd, a senior at Sonoma State said, “I have been satisfied customer of this franchise for as long as I can remember. When I came to Sonoma State as a freshman in 2015, I was disappointed at the fact that the nearest Krispy Kreme was over an hour away. But now, I can experience the nostalgia I always get when I take my first bite out of their delicious and sweet glazed donuts.” 

The franchise owners live in Santa Rosa which is why they chose Rohnert Park as the location in order to be closer to home. Jennifer Willey, the marketing consultant with Krispy Kreme, said “Rohnert Park is a great community, and we think we’ll fit into the fabric of that community well. We’re excited to open up and meet all our new neighbors.” 

Krispy Kreme was founded in 1937 and its mission statement is, “To make the most awesome doughnuts on the planet every single day.” 

According to their website, Krispy Kreme strives on giving back to their community which is done through fundraising and philanthropic work. Krispy Kreme offers fundraising for any organization. Non-profit or partake philanthropies can contact Krispy Kreme to help raise money for their organization. 

As for their new store hours, you can grab a savory doughnut at anytime of the day, due to the drive through staying open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Regular in store hours will be from Sunday through Thursday from 6a.m. to 12 a.m. and Friday and Saturday between 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. 

Carly Wade, a communications major at Sonoma State University states, “I am extremely excited about Krispy Kreme being open 24/7. This will satisfy my late night cravings since I typically want something sweet and sugary.” 

Krispy Kreme is still hiring for different positions, if interested they are accepting resumes to [email protected]. The general manager is Guillermo Madrigal who can be found in store as well. Although they are most famous for their classic glazed donut, the chain offers other flavors and types of donuts too.