Della Fattoria Cafe a delightful brunch spot: Review

Avocado Toast and Honey Lavender lattes anyone? Della Fattoria Downtown Café is the perfect restaurant for all your brunch needs. 

Della Fattoria Downtown Café is located in the beautiful historic downtown district of Petaluma in an antique brick building. Being a quick 20 minutes from Sonoma State University’s campus, it’s an easy drive to make with all your friends. It’s also a great place to bring family and is very kid friendly. 

The location being right in the middle of downtown, you can make a fun day out of it. From clothing stores to home decor, locally owned shops surround the restaurant to make for a day of supporting small business. You could also go catch a movie after at Boulevard 14 Cinema in the theater district just a couple blocks away. 

Locally known for their bread and pastries made fresh daily, the cafe first started out with just a small bakery. From there, the cafe took off and became a Petaluma staple. They later decided to expand their bakery and bought the building right next door to make room for a cafe.

The Della Fattoria Downtown Café serves breakfast on weekdays 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and lunch 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. They serve brunch on Saturday and Sundays 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and now serve dinner on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Unfortunately reservations are not accepted except for dinner, but with their quick service they get you seated in no time.

With a wide range of food options, there’s something for everyone. From toast with a variety of toppers, to different egg plates and maybe a sweet treat after, Della Fattoria menu will get anyone excited to eat. Della Fattoria is locally owned by a family who uses fresh produce from local farmers at their restaurant. It’s farm to table eating that you can taste.   

When Sonoma State student and Petaluma local Camryn Howard visited Della Fattoria for a Sunday brunch, she shared with a friend the Ham, Eggs and Cheddar Cheese Della Breakfast Bun-wich with Fried Fingerling Potatoes for $10 and the Belgian Waffles with Maple Syrup for $8.

“I went to Della Fattoria with some of my friends for brunch and loved it,” said Howard. “The atmosphere is great and the fresh bread is bomb.” 

With brunch places being usually a bit pricey, Della Fattoria is somewhere that you can treat yourself without breaking the bank. Everything from their menu is usually priced under $20, with addition and the dinner menu prices may vary, and the portions are reasonable for the price.

The service at Della Fattoria is quick and reliable. The hostesses seat you or put you on a waitlist and call you when a table opens up without a long wait time. They have baristas to make lattes and speciality drinks, as well as serving alcohol. The servers are cheerful and friendly, while getting your food as quick as possible.

Gabby Sturm, a barista and Petaluma native, has been working at Della Fattoria for a year now and loves working at her job with many qualities she enjoys.

“My favorite part about working here is my coworkers and making latte art. Also I love all our regular customers and it’s a super pretty environment to work in,” said Sturm. “My favorite thing on the menu is definitely the hash and eggs for breakfast and the Tuna Melt Piadina for lunch.”

The cafe has a unique and classic spin on the average brunch spot. They have antique chandeliers, handcrafted wood benches and tables and even couches to sit on. It’s very spread out and open so each table has room to spare. There is also a large table in the front, making it a great area to seat a larger group or event.

Della Fattoria Downtown Café has so much to offer with its wonderful service, great tasting food and pretty unique environment. Next time you are looking for some good food in the area, try Della Fattoria. You will not be disappointed with this place.