New burger joint opens in Cotati: Acme Burger review

Nothing screams burger joint like a classic American-style restaurant, which is exactly what Acme Burger is giving its new customers. 

Acme Burger is a new locally owned burger joint that has recently hit the streets of Cotati and is giving residents in the area a taste of what they believe is the best. Owner of Acme Burger Todd Kneiss set their goal to serve “quality at an affordable price.” Kneiss also hopes to create an environment that brings in not only families and seniors but students as well. 

Each burger starts with a freshly baked Franco American Bakery toasted sesame seed bun. Their beef patties are supplied through Sonoma Mountain Beef Company and it is top quality beef that is locally raised, hormone and antibiotic free, grass fed and grain finished. 

Each burger is garnished with your choice of cheese, lettuce and tomato, paired with a freshly baked bun. The bun is very crisp and fluffy and ultimately gives the burger what it has to offer. The burger comes stacked high and ready for condiments which are conveniently located inside for everyone to help themselves. 

Burgers range from $5.95 for their single Acme Burger up to $11.75 for two of their double burgers.

“My meal spoke for itself,” said Paige Elizabeth Ford I, a Petaluma native. “Not to mention, their milkshakes are like no other here; A melt-in-your-mouth type of shake, vanilla preferred.”

The options do not end at just burgers. They also offer different types of chicken sandwiches, seafood, salads, soups and a large selection of sides. 

They offer a wide variety of soft drinks, brewed iced tea, shakes, wine and craft beer. It is likely anyone can find themselves something they will like here.

“I have never been a fan of sweet potato fries before and then I tried them here and they’re the best I have ever had,” said Alexis Medina, a Rohnert Park resident.

Greeting every guest that comes through the front door is a patriotic picture. It is Uncle Sam with the words bolded at the bottom “I want you for the U.S. Army.” The outside of the building continues the restaurant’s theme with pastel blue pain and red detailing.

The inside seating area is a combination of seats, high chairs, and bench-styled communal tables. The back wall is decorated with an approximately 10-foot tall chalkboard with two buckets of chalk below it for younger kids to play with while parent sit closely tucked under the gazebo. The patio area is hidden on the side of Oliver’s Market so perfectly you could barely tell it’s there when walking by.

Acme Burger offers local food, but is also located in a small convenient shopping center that is by other healthy and organic options. You can also consider stopping in a few doors down at The Jaded Toad for a beer after having a hearty meal. 

On Thursdays they offer 10% off your meal with your Student ID. Their hours are Sunday through Wednesday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Thursday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

If you visit Acme Burgery and want more before you leave, they also sell t-shirts and hats in the front of the ordering area for their loyal customers to take home.