Former Bachelor star tests positive for COVID-19

exc-5e8b8c2d707a3c095b72598c
    exc-5e8b8c2d707a3c095b72598c

Twenty-eight-year-old former ‘Bachelor’ Colton Underwood tested positive for the novel coronavirus. Since his announcement of being sick, he has since recovered, but there were a few speed bumps along the way.

For starters, he was not sure where he had been exposed. He attended a celebrity ski event in Beaver Creek, Colorado, which was his only guess.

His girlfriend, Cassie Randolph, who he ended up choosing at the end of “The Bachelor,” began to worry and called several doctors in an attempt to find Underwood a test.

On March 18, the Randolph family, alongside Underwood, found a local practitioner in Huntington Beach who would administer a drive-through test. Two days later, he found out his results were positive.

Colton had already been staying at the Randolph’s home, but once he tested positive, he was instructed to continue staying with the Randolph family while isolating himself. He did this by staying on the third floor of their home. They would bring him food and disinfect everything in return.

With continuous care, positivity, and a can of Lysol, the Randolph family managed to not get sick and Colton eventually made a slow recovery. Underwood took to his Instagram and posted a video of himself describing his symptoms, in an attempt to show his followers what a real person going through coronavirus is like, rather than becoming a statistic that has become a new normal for most of the world.

Former NFL football player Underwood started off by saying, “I’m 28, I consider myself pretty healthy, I work out regularly, I eat healthy.” Underwood describes how the coronavirus “has been kicking my ass to put it pretty bluntly.” He continues by saying, “the main thing is I can’t even walk up a flight of stairs without being exhausted.” He felt like he only had “access to 20% of my lungs.” He ended his video by saying, “The reason I am saying this is not to cause fear or panic but to hopefully encourage you guys to stay home.”

Five days later, the symptoms eased, and headaches and body sores disappeared. Thanks to their precautionary efforts, Thanks to their precautionary efforts, the Randolph family managed to stay healthy and escaped the grasp of the coronavirus.

Underwood stated, “Without them, I don’t know where I’d be right now. So I can’t thank them enough.” Since then, Underwood has started to promote his new book, “The First Time: Finding Myself and Looking for Love on Reality TV.” Seemingly it feels strange to promote a book during such an unprecedented time. But maybe this book is what people need, a distraction.

Underwood even had a few words regarding his release date: “This is such a weird time, not only for myself but for everybody, and I don’t want to seem careless going around promoting my book. But I also think it’s an interesting time where people want to read something. I hope people can find an escape in it or something they can take away from it.”

This book shows fans of the series a behind-the-scenes look at their favorite reality show from a different lens. Since he has officially ended his contract with the franchise, he is able to deliver honest answers and tell how things were portrayed differently on the show.