Best Housing on Campus: Tuscany Village

Looking for the best place to spend your upperclassmen years? According to our readers, Tuscany may be the spot.  

The village has eight buildings all following the same floor plan; Provence, Rhone, Rioja, Savoie, Trentino, Veneto, Mosel, and the largest, Piemonte.

If you’re looking for convenience, try to get rooms in Piemonte, Rhone, Rioja or Mosel as they are closest to the center of campus.

For those looking to get a little bit further away from the hustle and bustle, Rioja, Savoie and Trentino are close to the old track. 

Opened in 2009, Tuscany features 1,500 square foot floor plans and each dormitory accommodates six students in two doubles and two singles.

The bedrooms are quite spacious, and each one has its own bathroom attached with a sink, toilet and shower so you can say goodbye to shower schedules. 

“I love that I only have to share a bathroom with one other person,” said sophomore and Tuscany resident Justin Gruen. “Freshman living really sucked like that, having to share a bathroom with three or four other people.”

Tuscany dorms also include a full-size kitchen equipped with a full-size refrigerator, oven and microwave. There are also plenty of outlets and counter space for your Keurig, toaster oven, etc. 

“I really like that there’s so much space in the Tuscany dorms,” said Community Service Advisor for Trentino Lauren Dillier. “You get to have a kitchen, a living room and maybe even your own room. Not to mention you don’t have to walk up three flights of stairs like you do in Beaujolais.”

One of the best perks of all, however, could easily be the heated floors.

“It’s literally my favorite thing to wake up to in the morning,” said junior Justin Savaso. “You never have to worry about freezing your butt off in the morning.”