Graton Resort and Casino to open late fall

If you find yourself with some free time on your hands, the $800 million dollar Graton Resort and Casino has plans to open late this fall. The location of the resort and casino will be about ten minutes from Sonoma State University, ideal for students and residents of Rohnert Park.

Whatever your interests are, the resort and casino will have something for you to do.  They offer casino gambling, a variety of fine dining food, lounges, bars, concerts, events, and more. 

“We are still aiming for fall of this year, so we’re getting mighty close,” said Joe Hasson, vice president and general manager of the Graton Resort and Casino in an interview with the Press Democrat. “We’ll have a real date; with just a little bit more construction behind us, we’ll be able call a real date.”

Only time will tell when the casino will be able to open. 

“I hope they aren’t going to run through an unexpected delay like Sonoma State’s highly anticipated Student Center,” said student Freddy Metoyer. “I enjoy playing live poker and expanding my palette, so you will see me at Graton right when it opens.”

The opening of the Graton Resort and Casino is a possible opportunity for both economic growth as well as a new source of entertainment for Sonoma County, as it will be the largest Casino in the Bay Area. Its impact affects over 2,000 people as the second largest employer in Sonoma County. 

Also, in early July they released all their restaurants and the list is extensive to say the least.

Two well-known and respected restaurants from San Francisco called; M.Y China and Tony’s Pizza Napoletana will be featured at the resort and casino.  The 630 Park Steakhouse will be the only restaurant owned and operated by Graton and they will offer grade-A steaks, seafood, and wine.  

There will be nine other stops in the 500-seat dining area. The list consists of DK wings, Slice House, Boathouse Sushi, which is expanding from its current Rohnert Park location, The Beach Hut Deli, La Fondita, Roadside BBQ, the Habit Burger Grill, Three Twins Ice Cream, and lastly Starbucks. 

Santa Rosas owned and operated La Fondita will also be seen in the dining room.

Accompanying the large selection of food and dining will be three bars featuring sports, social interaction, and sophistication. 

But we can’t forget the gambling; it’s a casino after all.

There will be around 3,000 slot machines at Graton, so pick the lucky one and have fun.  “The casino will both buy machines outright — at a cost of between $15,000 and $30,000 each — and lease from the manufacturers,” according to a Press Democrat article.  

There will also be live table games, video poker, and more.